3M Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Pads MPP+ are a one-part firestop material used in various fire-rated assemblies, such as electrical box protection. Designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gasses, this intumescent material comes ready to use in convenient 1/10 (2.54 mm) thick pads that are conformable by hand with no mixing or tools. Pads are firestop tested up to 4 hours.
- Pliable one-part intumescent firestop material is designed for wall openings and through penetrations
- Provides draft and cold smoke seal, helps reduce noise transfer
- Firestop tested for through penetration and membrane applications for up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of construction materials
- Non-corrosive to metal, and compatible with synthetic cable jackets
- Applied by hand, with no mixing or tools